LOCATION: AVAIRO, PORTUGAL
Kontron Transportation is a leading global provider of end-to-end communication solutions for mission-critical networks. The portfolio includes GSM-Railways, FRMCS, TETRA, DMR, LTE solutions for mission-critical networks and mobility solutions for public transport, which cover the entire service value chain. Kontron Transportation with around 400 employees is part of the Kontron Group with its headquarters in Vienna (Kontron Transportation GmbH) and branches in e.g. Belgium, France, Germany, Portugal, Spain, Czech Republic and Great Britain.
What you can expect:
The scope of Kontron Transportation's R&D team includes mastering the technologies used in product implementation in various areas such as 4G/5G critical communications networks, NMS, security, virtualization, and transmission. This scope allows us to offer our customers complete and integrated solutions. We are recruiting for our Research and Development department in Portugal, based in Aveiro, a Software Development Engineer with knowledge in the area of Telecommunications, with or without professional experience.
What you bring to the table:
Fundamental to this role:
- Good level of English language written and spoken
- Skills in the technological area of virtualization: o Concepts and principles such as hypervisor, virtual machine, orchestration, among others
- Knowledge of SW development, using c/c++, java, web languages
- Knowledge in the telecommunications area
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networks and protocols
- Analytical skills and taste for teamwork
- Good social skills; • Autonomy, rigor, method and synthesis capacity
- Availability for remote work execution. • Excellent customer facing experience
- Full Driving Licence and willingness to drive to clients’ sites as required
- Academic degree in telecommunications engineering, informatics or similar
- Development experience with databases
What we can achieve together:
- Integration in the R&D team of a center of excellence in mobile communications for the world railway market
- A plan to develop a national/international career in R&D
- Acquisition of experience in product development in the industrial context and its operational restrictions
- Practical use of knowledge about product development and definition of good practices promoting its dissemination among teams
- Definition of strategies for the technical evolution of products, as well as for their installation in a railway environment.
What we offer:
Kontron Transportation promotes flexible working hours that support the reconciliation of work and family. Kontron also offers you the opportunity to work independently in an extremely pleasant and modern work environment with flat hierarchies and to actively shape the further development of the company. We also support professional and personal development.
We offer :
- a full time permanent work contract along with an attractive remuneration based on experience.
- Company benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Company Mobile phone & laptop
- Career progression and ongoing development
- Training and support towards further certifications
- Travel : up to 30%
- Homeworking : under manager’s discretion
If you wish to join us, please send a CV and a covering letter to email@example.com, Ref R2107 Telecommunications Railway